Tuesday, June 28, 2011

What's new in the shop!!


We have had several request for Russian support spindles.....Dale has no time so I asked Joshua (our son) if he would be interested in making some. Joshua makes the 3 in 1 tool and some of the orifice hooks. Joshua was about 13 years old when I began spinning......I began going to a group spin - in to learn how to spin. Joshua was bored and some of the other ladies were bringing there kids about the same age and younger so I brought Josh along. While I was learning how to use a wool picker one of the ladies asked Josh if he would like to learn how to spin, his comment was, I already know how! Now this peeked my curiosity so I went up behind to watch what he would do........he sat down at my wheel and began spinning....the little stink had been practicing on my wheel when I wasn't looking. I wondered why my spinning sometimes looked pretty good and other times when I was spinning it looked horrible. He was spinning better then me!!! He took to the drop spindle pretty fast also.......his favorite thing to spin was frog hair! He quit spinning for awhile but is once again working on mastering the support spindle. So if you have any advise for him ...please send it my way and I will pass it on to him........    Here is one of his new Support spindles and bowl he recently made and sold........
He  will be working in the barn tonight to make more........

No comments:

Post a Comment